Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lost, Dazed, Confused.


How is it possible to express emotion when you have been paralysed by numbness?
How is it possible to explain the current situation when all you want to do is escape it?

I’m lost. Oh, so lost. But I am not particularly sure that I want to be found either, which is the most dangerous and worrying part of all.

I still feel the rational side of me, I still hear her, screaming in the background to “GET UP GET UP GET UP” before it’s too late. However, I think it may already be too late. I may already have fallen too hard and fast for it to be possible to get up. The confusion is overwhelming. I don’t know which way to turn, who to turn to, where I should be, who I should be, what I should be thinking, how I should be acting… It’s endless:
A maze of confused thoughts, feelings and emotions.

I don’t want to accept help. The monstrous voice inside, the demon, the dark cloud, the black-cloaked figure with its skeletal fingers outstretched, scraping fingernails down my back; it wants me to fall.
But if I fall, I have too much to lose.

I’m being threatened with hospitalisation, yet again. The third time ‘round. This time, however, would be different. I wouldn’t be in the “Child’s Ward”; no, I’d be in a proper unit, with proper treatment. Part of me knows that is a really good thing, and another part of me is terrified, as is to be expected. 
There are positives to it (and the Eating Disorder is kicking and screaming at that admission) but there are also a whole range of negatives, and I can’t seem to weigh them out properly.

I don’t know what to do.
I am lost, I am scared, I am confused.
I wish I could be anywhere but here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eleanor, love, I am so sorry you are struggling. Don't think of this as failure, just feedback. Keep fighting with all your strength and know that there are so many people who are behind you. Sending strength! xxx

Tiana Ells said...

Sometimes, things need to be bad so you can appreciate more when things become good.

I'm sending you my love, luck, and courage.

-Tiana
tianalachelle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Eleanor,

I am sending so much love and support your way, I know you can get through this <3

Scott

Anonymous said...

"I think it may already be too late. I may already have fallen too hard and fast for it to be possible to get up."

Eleanor, it is NEVER too late. You've been fighting like crazy for months now and I know that strength and courage is still inside of you. Sure, the voice might be muted now but it is still there...it never fully goes away.

You are worth recovery. You deserve SO much better than ed could ever offer you. If you need another boost go into hospital, there's nothing wrong with that. But let that healthy voice guide you...not ed. Ed won't take you to anything that will result in happiness.

You CAN do this, Eleanor! Message me if you ever need anything!

xxx