My mind is in a place far away from reality.
In a small, out-of-the-way cafe I sit in peace and comfort and watch the world pass by, all hustle and bustle, while I sip on rich, hot coffee and pen random thoughts in a tattered old notebook. Leaves in hues of the coming Autumn scatter the sidewalk like golden, orange and red confetti: splashes of color on a black and white image. I'm where I want to be, doing what I want to do. No obligations, no demands. Time is not of the essence; I have all the time in the world. This is my world.
I don't want to have to wake up out of these daydreams. They offer a place of serenity. I wish these places existed; the only way I can reach them is in my head, but my head is usually full of everything else. I never have room, I never have time, to take myself away to a better place. I'm constantly trying to escape, but in escaping one hell, I end up in another.
* * *
I made it through my first term of school. What I mean by "made it through" is that I am still alive. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel, but at least I'm doing something. Treading water is better than sinking.
To put a positive twist to a rather negative string of words, I got an extremely unexpected A+ in my English Literature SAC. (Don't ask me what SAC means. It's an Assessment Task of some sort.) I felt proud about that for all of 5 minutes. I was actually in denial about it for a time... Me, an A+? No, that's not right. That can't be right. She's made a mistake. The mark is wrong. She meant to write that about someone elses.
What's with these excuses? These explanations for things that need no explanation.
Damnit, Why can't I believe that I deserve that mark? Why do I have to berate myself, put myself down? Why can't I just be happy?
Questions that have no answers.
What's with these excuses? These explanations for things that need no explanation.
Damnit, Why can't I believe that I deserve that mark? Why do I have to berate myself, put myself down? Why can't I just be happy?
Questions that have no answers.
I've missed blogging. I've missed expressing myself. I've missed sharing words with you beautiful people. I wish I could express my minute-to-minute thoughts and feelings; I realize I ask way too much of myself, but the thought is a nice one.
My passion for writing hasn't disappeared, it's just been buried underneath the mountains of homework that's accumulated over the course of this first term of school.
On top of working myself to the bone at school, we've been assigned holiday homework! Because that's what holidays are for!
(Note the heavy use of sarcasm)
My passion for writing hasn't disappeared, it's just been buried underneath the mountains of homework that's accumulated over the course of this first term of school.
On top of working myself to the bone at school, we've been assigned holiday homework! Because that's what holidays are for!
(Note the heavy use of sarcasm)
* * *
In other news, I GOT JEANS THAT FIT ME.Not leggings that look like jeans. Not tights. Not treggings or jeggings. Jeans. Denim jeans. This caused me inexplicable amounts of joy. Even the guy at the store was happy for me! That says something.
I didn't even care what size they were, in honesty. Sure, they're the smallest size, but they actually fit. And they're not kids jeans.
I didn't even care what size they were, in honesty. Sure, they're the smallest size, but they actually fit. And they're not kids jeans.
The mirror doesn't reflect me as a person, and no amount of poking and prodding and grabbing is going to change my body. Putting on weight is putting on condition. It's giving my body the chance at being somewhat normal again. Not even normal... Healthy.
Health is beauty.
Happiness is beauty.
When I am able to realize that, for real, that's when I know something's changed. Changed for the better. I'm far from "better" at the moment. My thoughts about myself, my thoughts about food, my thoughts about weight, they're all still extremely disordered. I have good days and bad, but the bad days are more frequent than the good.
Health is beauty.
Happiness is beauty.
When I am able to realize that, for real, that's when I know something's changed. Changed for the better. I'm far from "better" at the moment. My thoughts about myself, my thoughts about food, my thoughts about weight, they're all still extremely disordered. I have good days and bad, but the bad days are more frequent than the good.
Where I am at the moment might not be desirable, but there are plenty more places that I could eventually end up in. My journey is far from over but that just means I've got much to discover, about myself and about life.
I'm paving my own pathway, brick by brick, stone by stone, and walking it step by step. Life is a process. A journey. A discovery.
Life is worth living.
Life is worth living.
Want to live it with me?
love, love, love.
11 comments:
Eleanor,
You are an amazing writer. I think one of the reasons I love you so much is the fact that you are obsessed with words like I am :)
You don't even know how truly talented you are. Your stupid eating disorder is clouding your judgement… you deserved every bit of that grade and then some. Don't think for a minute that you aren't worth it, because it couldn't be farther from the truth.
JEANS THAT FIT!?! Congratulations :) I know that feeling, and it is truly amazing. I know you feel like you are still disordered and have miles to go, but the fact that you are putting on weight is the first step towards fixing all the other stuff! You are doing the right thing, I promise :)
Ps. Thank you SO MUCH for your comment on my last post… seriously. It means the world to me that you care so much. I was starting to think I was going crazy about this stupid product, but you make it seem so understandable. For that, I love you dearly :)
All my love,
Tat
Eleanor - this was a beautiful, inspiring post that totally made me smile!!!!! I am so happy for you - you got thru the entire semester and not only finished but got an A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so talented , smart and caring!!!!!!! Yes life is worth living - you have inspired me to start living today!!!!!! Would love to chat more with you!!!!!!!!! xo aimee
The right side of my mouth rose a little bit higher as I read each sentence of this beautiful post, Eleanor. You make me smile. Your writing makes me smile. You have the power to make me--a random stranger who follows your blog--smile. Do you know why you can do that? You put your exact thoughts down on your blog and you do so in a way that is almost like a narrative. Your story, however, is real. You ARE the words you write and with each post, you become even more accurate, even more happy, and even more happy. Essentially, blogs provide psychoanalysis without us bloggers even realizing it!
Darling, you don't have to wake up from the daydream. Keep your mind in the right place and you can do anything. That daydream can become a reality. :)
There are such places in the world where you can watch the rest of the world. Being in the blogosphere is one place. You've already accomplished that.
I'm also so happy for you because you know that healthy and happy are beautiful. You ARE beautiful! And, well, you've also found jeans that fit! That is an accomplishment, girl, and you did it all on your own. You have found an extension of your skin that fits you. That's more satisfaction than any piece of clothing will ever actually be able to give.
Congratulations. Keep posting, love.
http://levianacoccia.blogspot.com
of course you did wonderful in english..you are possibly the most amazing writer!!!
stay positive, babe, you've got too much going for you not to be. plus, you've got awesome some jeans to wear ;)
xoxo
lots of love!
Silly girl...
the 'A+' was obviously for the 'Amazing ++++++++' girl that you are. <3 <3
xoxo
Vanilla
I completly understand how excited you must have been to find jeans. I actually use to like shopping up until I couldn't find any pants that fit me well anymore. It's really sad and frustrating. But that's awesome that you can have that small peice of normalcy back ya know?
<3 Tori
My dear, you most definitely better believe and be damn proud of that A+ you got; you're an absolutely amazing writer and, although you may not realize it now, you'll be absolutely blown away the moment you do. Your words and the way you express them is beautiful. Trust me on this one ;)
That's awesome about the jeans as well; I love being able to fit better into clothes. The fact that I'm actually able to look like a woman instead of a pre-pubescent boy is something I take great pleasure in.
I hope you keep taking care of yourself and getting healthier, love. You deserve nothing but the best.
i will absolutely live it with you my dear :] love you so much. i can hear the old inspirational you in this post and it makes me smile. i miss you so much -- please keep blogging!! I know how helpful it is for you and you are SUCH a phenomenal writer. i'm so not surprised about your english grade AT ALL. you totally deserve it darling <3
I would pay you to write a book, Eleanor. Seriously. I'm so happy you found jeans that fit (: I know how that goes! It feels great! I love you, beautiful (: -Kylee
That A is fantastic and of course you deserve it.
There are also many other wonderful qualities to Eleanor besides what grades she gets. You are a wonderful writer, as so many others have told you, and I love reading your words. However, look after yourself first and foremost, and if this ever means taking a break, then that is ok.
I'm glad you made it through school, and should be proud of achieving this. Keep plugging away at recovery, and have some chill out time after this busy term at school.
Hugs
Sarah x
Yay jeans that fit! I know what a big deal that is they absolutely petrify me!
Congrats on the A+ you do deserve it you are an amazing writer!
I really like your posts they're amazing to read!
xxxx
Post a Comment