I am sick of being questioned.
I am sick of being told what to do.
I am sick of doing what I have been told to do.
I am sick of being doubted.
I am sick of being bombarded with accusations.
I am sick of people jumping to conclusions.
I am sick of being sick.
This week has been hard. There's no doubt about that. It has been hard.
Going back to school from the holidays has been hard enough. Getting back into the swing of things, the stress that comes with school work and homework, the demands. The claustrophobia, people everywhere, people I don't know, constantly comparing myself.
To add on to that already massive load, this week I've been completely independent of my food intake. Completely, 100% responsible for myself. This independence has been amazing. It's changed the way I think and how I feel about myself, my life, my future, my health. I've loved it; doing it for me, without having to depend on someone else to prepare my meals and do everything for me - having my independence. Being independent.
It's been great, but it has also been hard.
Extremely hard. Extremely challenging.
Extremely hard. Extremely challenging.
There has always been that voice in my head, that thought, that... Presence. When the opportunity presents itself to potentially skimp on food - skip here, have a little less there, no one will know no one will know no one will know - straight away I'm bombarded with those possibilities, those options, and sometimes it becomes a little overwhelming.
I like to think I've pushed through and made progress... But there is a doubt in the back of my mind that can be clearly read on the faces of my parents, the doubt that I haven't made progress, I've slipped back instead.
I like to think I've pushed through and made progress... But there is a doubt in the back of my mind that can be clearly read on the faces of my parents, the doubt that I haven't made progress, I've slipped back instead.
Tomorrow's the day I find out if I've lost or gained weight. This week has been a trial period, to see how I go.
I want so much to have put on weight, or at least to have maintained. This is something I would not even have considered a few months ago. The fact that I want to have put on weight, truly and honestly, should count for something, shouldn't it?
If I haven't put on weight, or if I've lost weight, I will be disappointed, ashamed, sadened. And I know that my parents will be disappointed. They're goign to be ashamed. And I'm so afraid that this independence will be taken from me.
If I haven't put on weight, or if I've lost weight, I will be disappointed, ashamed, sadened. And I know that my parents will be disappointed. They're goign to be ashamed. And I'm so afraid that this independence will be taken from me.
I want more than anything to prove to my parents that I can do it, that I can do this for myself, I can be responsible for myself.
I want to prove to my dietitian that I can do it, I want to proce to my therapist that I can do it.
I want to prove to myself that I can do it.
I know I could have done so much better this week. I know I could have.
There was a pressure from my parents that I really felt uncomfortable with, a weight bearing down on me that sometimes got too much for me to handle.
I wish I could go back and do this week again.
I wish I could go back and do this week again.
I want so badly to have put on weight.
I can't have lost.
I can't.
It would mean so much to me to see a higher number on the scale. A slight gain, any sort of gain. I wish I could let my parents know that. I wish they would believe me.
I want to do this. I really want to do this.
I hope I can.
love, love, love.
14 comments:
I think the fact that you WANT to put on weight counts for alot. You CAN do this, you just have to keep pushing.
Independence is really liberating, because then you are really doing it for YOU, and the fact that you want to embrace health and recovery is a crucial mindset to be in.
Wanting change is so important, and the stronger this motivation grows, the more able to fight you will become. Whatever happens on the scale, remember that you are still going to recover, and you are not defined by a number.
I believe in you. I know what it's like to have distrusting friends and family, even now I am still working to regain that trust, but people will support you. Show them Eleanor. Show yourself that you can do this. It's the eating disorder that they don't trust, not you...even if they don't quite make the distinction yet.
Sarah x
I agree! It feels weird to want to gain, after so long with ED...but it IS a step in the right direction. I'm sure that you'll get the results you want to see, Eleanor! You've tried hard for it!
Having pressure from your family is tough, but it's inescapable. Think of it as their love being added motivation? I don't know...but you're strong and determined. I KNOW you can do this:)
I honestly know exactly what you are going through right now Eleanor - when I first started taking responsibility and making my own meals, I sucked at it. I made half-hearted portions, I skipped out on snacks, I subbed out ingredients and scaled everything down… but you know what? It got better and it got easier. I started making portions bigger and actually doing things normally. I started to want normal amounts of food and everything just sort of fell into place.
You don't have to be perfect right away - the disordered thoughts are so hard to get through, especially at the beginning. What's important is that you are taking a stand anyway. You are fighting for yourself, and that is beautiful.
Wish you luck!
I truly love you my dear :)
<3 Tat
Darling Eleanor,
I wish that you could see how far you've come. The fact that you were even allowed this independence, and that you tried your hardest, that is an amazing achievement my dearest.
<3 I love you so much, and I know you can fight this.
xxxx
You've come so far, it's really amazing. The fact that you want to put on weight is really huge and the fact that you've managed to battle back all those thoughts and be responsible for your own intake is really, really amazing. That's one of the hardest things for me and so I think it's really wonderful that you are doing this! And especially in such a stressful time--going back to school after holiday was the worst for me always even before ED so I really admire the way you've pushed through all this stress and kept going in spite of it all.
xoxo
I'm seeing a beautiful shift in your mentality, love, and I truly believe that this will be the beginning of the healing process for you.
Although I can't relate to people watching me and telling me what to do, I can relate to cheating when I had to take responsibility for my own recovery. In the end, though, who are you really cheating? Only yourself. You're stealing precious moments and health from your own life by not doing what you know is right.
Independence is a powerful thing, and I truly hope that you will use it wisely by doing the right thing for your body. I know you can, hun. Do this for yourself.
Good luck with the weigh-in hun. You're winning! Your desire to move higher up the scale, I believe, is an indication of you embracing life, your independence, your ability to be who you really are. You should be so proud of yourself, regardless of what the numbers show tomorrow. As you know, the only way is up for now, and if you happen to drop a little, don't be disappointed - keep your chin up and keep going!
Nat xoxo
No matter what happens Eleanor its great that you WANT to gain weight!!!!! That is the first step!!!! I believe in you!!!!!!!! xo aim
you can do this eleanore, show your parents that you're strong!
When you have finaly reached a stage in your recovery where you actually want to see your weight go up, it's such a confusing feeling when it actually does. I know I have this part of me that's celebrating everytime I see I've gained because I want to recover now, but there's still that part that gets scared to see the number go up and see that you can't stay as thin as you are if you keep eating like you're suppose to. I hope when you get on the scale no matter what happens, you will keep pushing yourself and holding onto the part of you that wants to recover!
<3 Tori
You have the spirit to recover, you have the drive, and I know that you can push yourself. Dont punish yourself if you only maintained or lost-look at it as a practice round, learning for the future. But no matter what dont give up on yourself if it doesnt turn out the way you hoped! You can get back up again and try again, and be even better! :) Good luck, I hope you have gained too, that is what you want, that is awesome that that is what you want, and I really hope you get it!
Maddi
xxx
wow, imagine if you could meet the version of yourself back in the time where you were the most disordered and reading her this blog post, she wouldn't even begin to be able to understand it u bet, imagine the version of yourself in years to come who is free, and whole, and recovered and imagine how proud she would be reading this post because she knows that you are uncovering some really amazing knowledge and making some brave, and courageous steps. hope and faith are so great and i can see that you are making some really amazing steps towards and in recovery. this fight is just such a worthwile one, and you will win, i believe in you.
Oh sweetie, I know how tough school can be. The assignments and the exams, the pressure is so much. I know it's hard. You are pushing through so well though, being independent and being consistent, you are winning.
You can do it, please believe in yourself, I believe with every fibre of my body that you can do this.
Your in my thoughts
<3
you can you can you can!
think positive thoughts!! you are amazing, never doubt your abilities.
xoxo
love you!
Post a Comment