The past two days of my life haven't been the most enjoyable. When I should have been at school feeding my brain with lots of useful information, I was at home curled up in bed, wishing for sleep to wash over me and rid me of my horrendous headache and soothe every aching muscle in my body.
Though I wasn't educated in the traditional sense of the word (that is: going to school), I was educated. My body's aching and lack of energy was a delayed reaction to the weightloss two weeks ago.
Sometimes it takes a metaphorical punch in the face to wake us up and see the truth. My body isn't functioning properly because it hasn't been fuelled properly.
To counter that, I did something a little different this morning. Something a little very scary. Something completely unheard of. Something historical in the History of Eleanor's Life Thus Far.
*Drum roll*
I had Oats In A Jar!
(As you can see, the photo quality is superb, thanks to my shocking bedroom light.)
Also note-worthy: I ate breakfast in bed for the first time ever.(Hence the shocking&horrifying hair/face/everything)
The contents of the almost-empty PB jar also had more than one TBS of Peanut Butter.
Two feats, in one morning. And how do I feel?
Better than ever!
Better than ever!
I kicked some major ass this morning. I feel proud. I feel proud. That's new. Pride in myself hasn't really been very common in recent years. Nothing I ever do is good enough in most cases. But this morning, I felt invincible.
I do expect some repercussions. But if I tell myself that ED's going to eventually have a say, then that's most likely what will happen. It's a trap I've fallen into many-a-time, and one I'm going to try and avoid, not only today but from here on.
Today is my day.
This is my life.
I'll do what I want to do, because I want to do it.
The rebellious teenager has to come out of me somehow. Rebelling against my disordered thoughts might just be the way to feeding my inner-angsty-teenage-self.
My concentration is starting to slip and my headache is beginning to roar again, which is further educating my rational self that my body needs fuel to run smoothly.
* * *
This is such a scatter-brained post, and I apologise greatly for that. I've got two full days of school work to catch up on, tests to study for and a life to live... Along with a body and mind to feed and nourish. That comes first. Because without that, nothing else is possible.
Nourish yourselves. Nourish your bodies. Nourish your minds. Nourish your spirits.
Nourish your lives.
love, love, love.
12 comments:
Eleanor - you are AWESOME!!!!!! so proud of you and how you were able to show Ed who is boss!!!! Yes- we must nourish our bodies with fuel so it can function so we might as well do it with things we enjoy!!!!
You never cease to amaze me - you are truly inspiring!!!!!!! xoxo aimee
ELEANOR!!!
Words cannot even begin to express how happy I am right now. I am so, so proud of you for taking a stand and challenging yourself. You are an amazing girl - and you are finally taking the necessary steps to allow yourself to feel that way.
I'm actually speechless.. that's all I've got!
I love you SO much girl :)
<3 Tat
I squeaked. I really did. Girlllll I'm SO proud of you. So incredibly proud. Not only because you had OIAJ, but because you of how you handled it. You were proud; you realized that what you did was right and you allowed yourself to feel good about it.
I'm glad you're coming to see that you need to nourish yourself properly if you want to function well. So keep feeding that beautiful body of yours, my dear, and keep being proud of the good that you're doing for yourself.
<3
Yay Eleanor!! This is so fabulous in so many ways - recognition that your body needs fuel, challenging peanut butter, and accepting the absolute deliciousness of oats in a jar! Smiling so much for you right now <3 <3
that is AMAZING! I hope you enjoyed every last bit of it :)
xoxo
love you!
keep on fighting.
AWESOME!!!! :D Seriously, that was pretty cool! I have never tried oats in a jar...but I think I will, you did it, I can too! way to go Eleanor, you are strong, so much stronger than your ED.
Love and peace!
Maddi
xxx
Eleanor, I am SO beyond proud of you. Oats in a jar and breakfast in bed? Sounds like a dream to me!
Oh and YES, karma's a bitch when it comes to our bodies. We don't treat it right; it won't treat us right.
Oh....My....! This is an amazing victory for you. WELL DONE!
I am so incredibly proud of you Eleanor, and can't wait to read about more victories like this.
Show your body some more kindness, and I'm sure it will thank you for this victory and many more to come.
Wahay!!!! You rule!!!!
Sarah x
Ohhh, you rebel! :D
I feel proud of you. Today you made your body and mind so happy, so thankful.
You learned something that goes far beyond the pages in your school books, you learned about your own needs. The impact food has on our body and mind. Never forget that, keep trying to listen and accept what your body is desperately trying to tell you.
YAY ELEANOR!!! SO SO PROUD OF YOUUUUUU <3
I tried oats in a jar a few weeks ago and really liked it!
Hope you get to feeling better very very soon. xoxo
You are too cute.
I am so proud of you for having OIAJ.. my first time was scary as hell too. You are so deserving, Eleanor. No need to apologize, lovie, such is life! You said it beautifully, girl.
"Body and mind to feed and nourish. That comes first. Because without that, nothing else is possible."
Every day is your day love.
<3
Post a Comment