My 100th Blog Post.
What a coincidence that my 17th birthday coincides with my 100th post!
I never actually intended on that happening, but when the opportunity presented itself, I couldn't resist.
I officially turned 17 at 1:30 in the afternoon.
I didn't have a big day.
I didn't eat cake.
I didn't get roaring drunk and run down my street naked, nor did I drown my sorrows in a bottle of alcohol.
I didn't have a party, I didn't get a puppy.
I didn't expect much, but the love I recieved was more than I could ever have asked for.
Today, I went to school, I accepted birthday wishes, I got sung "Happy Birthday" atrociously by my Literature class, and I smiled.
I smiled. I was happy. I enjoyed myself.
That, to me, is enough of a birthday gift.
It was nothing special, it was nothing big. But it was something.
100 posts in, and so many amazing things have come from this blog.
I've met some of the most beautiful people in my life, and made some of the most valuable friendships I've ever had. Starting a blog was one of the best things I've ever done; I can't, and wont, consider what my life would be like without you beautiful girls.
I want to thank you all, for seeing me through, watching me grow and learn.
I want to thank you for lifting me up when I had fallen down, but also understanding why I had fallen down.
I want to thank you for being proud of me when I wasn't proud of myself, and reassuring me that it is okay to feel sad, but it's also more than okay to feel happy.
I want to thank you for showing me what it is to be alive.
I want to thank you all for showing me that true beauty lies within.
Thank you for being a part of my life, enriching my soul and making my Seventeenth birthday one worth remembering.
love, love, love.
16 comments:
I want to thank you Eleanor, for being an amazing friend and support. Your words and your struggles have helped me countless times in my own life, and I don't even know if you will ever realize how important you are to me.
This post made me smile.. because you smiled. So, you didn't go running naked down the street... who cares!? You were able to let yourself relax and accept the love and wishes that were sent your way on such a special day... and that to you is just as special and intense as streaking could be to someone else :P
I think PROUD would be an understatement here. You deserve to feel wonderful about yourself.. and not only on your birthday. I hope in the days to come you allow yourself to accept love and compliments and truly feel like the beautiful girl that you are!
I love you sweetie.. and Happy Birthday again!
<3 Tat
happy birthday beautiful, may love follow you every step you take in life
that is a cool coincidence :) happy birthday!! i hope you have an amazing day, relax and just do whatever you like. xoxox
Happy Birthday, let this be the yar for you :-)
xox
Laura
Happy happy birthday Eleanor, dear!
Hey, happy 17! You're so mature for age. I had no idea you were only 17. I mean it as a compliment btw. :)
<3 Tori
you are amazing, beautiful ellie. you are such an inspiration to so many people, and i'm so glad you've been able to take away from this blog what others have been able to take from you. you are amazing, one of a kind. i love you very much and i wish you the BEST in life, because you deserve it.
happy birthday again<3
Happy Birthday and happy 100 posts! I am glad that you at least had a good day. You deserve to be happy :-)
*hugs*
Sarah
I've already said it, but I'll say it again, happy birthday my lovely! And happy 100 - weird coincidence I've recently celebrated 100 on both my blogs ;)
How lovely that your class sang to you, and that you can appreciate all the beautiful moments that made your birthday nice. You don't have to follow convention to have a lovely time, and some of the best birthdays are down to the simplest things.
May this seventeenth year be one of health and happiness for you.
Love you, love your blog, and your words and personality have greatly enriched the blog world, not just for me, but for countless others too, I'm sure of it.
Sarah x
And I want to thank you for being you.
For being an inspiration, and a fighter. For sharing your ups and downs.
Thank you.
I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself today, as that is what you deserve. You are a good person, you are the best you there is.
Thank you again. You are a support and a light in my life.
girl this post is beautiful in it's own sense. a smile means so much more than cake or nakedness.
happy birthday, eleanor! before know it, it'll be back again :)
i feel like i just turned 17, but tomorrow is my half-birthday already!
love you girl, keep it up. you are a wonderful young woman!
♥ lindsey
Happy birthday, beautiful girl! Glad you had such a wonderful day, you most definitely deserved it. I hope from now on, you can remember that you can always be surrounded by people who love you and make you happy if you just keep the right outlook. I'm sure this'll be your best year yet if that happens!
Thanks so much for giving us these 100 posts, much love x
Your post left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside and I just want to give you a huge Seventeenth birthday hug. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your day, love. Sometimes the simplest things bring the most joy, especially when that joy was absent for such a long time prior.
There's no need to thank, because you yourself have done so much that deserves praise. You've left some of the most heart-felt comments. You've fought some of the battles. You've overcome some of the most difficult struggles. You're an amazing woman, Eleanor, with 100 amazing posts behind you, and hopefully 100+ more ahead of you.
Happy Birthday girlie - for real now! Hehe. I think when I commented on your previous post it was still early.
You too have been a blessing to the blogging world by sharing you lovely insights, your honesty and determination to trudge on even when recovery is hard... you are an amazing amazing girl and a strong one at that! Thank you for your presence here hun!!
Much love,
Nat xoxo
happy belated birthday!
you deserve nothing but the best my love :)
xoxo
happy birthday to you and your blog !
don't ever forget you're beautiful <3
Post a Comment