I feel change coming.
I fear change.
I need change.
The week's events blurred together in her head; so much happening in such a small amount of time had left her weak, exhausted, vulnerable. So many people, so many faces; conversations of long forgotten words, promises and agreements made in a state of semi-consciousness. She felt as if she were awake but asleep, half expecting to open her eyes and find herself lying in bed surrounded by a pool of tangled blankets and scattered journal entries whose words had coming back to haunt her dreams.
Images of her possible future tumble around inside a mind already fogged with thoughts and fears and questions and concerns and emotions. The anxiety of not knowing what's going to happen next has left her feeling almost numb; the lack of knowing renders her useless, hopeless. She is the portrait of a lost little girl.
* * *
Time has escaped me. I've woken up from the past 4 restless nights not knowing what day it is, knowing only that they will be a fight to get through. Every single thing that has happened this week has all been blurred into one long strip of cinema film, tangled up and stuck back together with sticky-tape and chewing gum.
So much has happened in regards to the prospect of hospital. There have been moments of complete chaos where everything was up in the air and formless, causing everyone involved unbelievable amounts of confusion and stress. Most of the uncertainty has been settled and put into shape piece by piece, but there is still so much that could happen, but might not happen, or will happen but might change.
To cut a very long, confusing and boring story short, my Dietitian and Therapist have been calling up the hospitals down in the city (which is an 8 hour drive away) and seeing if there are beds available. Nothing is certain yet, but I am going down for an assessment this coming Friday. I have to have my bags packed and ready on the chance that I'll be admitted, but if there is no conformation of an extended stay (that is: a long admission) then I will not be going in.
To be honest, I don't know what to expect. I don't know what's going on. I don't know if I even want to know what to expect. I'm exhausted, mentally, physically and emotionally. I'm absolutely terrified to the point that I'm calm. Calm might not be the right word for it; more like subdued. I've submitted. I'm too tired to worry, too tired to care.
I've made the decision to go IP.
There's a possibility that they might not be able to admit me, but the prospect of actually being admitted this Friday is terrifying. I have no idea how to deal with any of this.
On the one hand, I'm absolutely relieved that I have such an amazing support system and treatment team helping me through this and helping me to organise my whole life. My Therapist has been superhuman. She's called me frequently, visited me at home outside of her working hours, given me her personal number... Without her I would not be as 'mentally' strong as I am right now. I'm surprised I've even kept this amount of mental awareness up for so long.
My Mum has been equally as amazing. She's kept herself so strong for me, being so good about it all. Without her love and support I'd be doomed, that much I know.
And on the other side of the hand, I'm beyond petrified of being left in a hospital without anyone I know, and without knowing what to expect there. I know I've agreed to this and chosen this pathway, and I know it's for the best, but making that decision has caused me so much hurt. The fear is consuming.
Do I regret making this decision?
Do I really need it?
Will it work?
What will happen?
What will I have to do?
What do I eat?
How much?
How long will I be in there?
Will they let me go for walks?
Do I keep up my schooling?
I need to shut off my brain.
I'm falling.
There are people who will catch me.
I'm exhausted.
I won't have to wait much longer.
I'm scared.
Nothing bad will happen to me.
I'm trying.
Trying is the best thing I can do.
I really do feel as though I'm falling... Falling upward.
I have a sinking feeling, but where my life is headed is not down, it's up.
Deciding to go to hospital for a while is going to get me on the right track, so I can properly see my potential, and see that recovery is possible.
I can only go up from here.
This might be the hardest thing I ever have to do. But I am willing to do this, because this is me getting my life back.
I'm falling upwards into recovery, back into life, back into myself.
I'm scared. But I'm not alone.
love, love, love.
Images of her possible future tumble around inside a mind already fogged with thoughts and fears and questions and concerns and emotions. The anxiety of not knowing what's going to happen next has left her feeling almost numb; the lack of knowing renders her useless, hopeless. She is the portrait of a lost little girl.
* * *
Time has escaped me. I've woken up from the past 4 restless nights not knowing what day it is, knowing only that they will be a fight to get through. Every single thing that has happened this week has all been blurred into one long strip of cinema film, tangled up and stuck back together with sticky-tape and chewing gum.
So much has happened in regards to the prospect of hospital. There have been moments of complete chaos where everything was up in the air and formless, causing everyone involved unbelievable amounts of confusion and stress. Most of the uncertainty has been settled and put into shape piece by piece, but there is still so much that could happen, but might not happen, or will happen but might change.
To cut a very long, confusing and boring story short, my Dietitian and Therapist have been calling up the hospitals down in the city (which is an 8 hour drive away) and seeing if there are beds available. Nothing is certain yet, but I am going down for an assessment this coming Friday. I have to have my bags packed and ready on the chance that I'll be admitted, but if there is no conformation of an extended stay (that is: a long admission) then I will not be going in.
To be honest, I don't know what to expect. I don't know what's going on. I don't know if I even want to know what to expect. I'm exhausted, mentally, physically and emotionally. I'm absolutely terrified to the point that I'm calm. Calm might not be the right word for it; more like subdued. I've submitted. I'm too tired to worry, too tired to care.
I've made the decision to go IP.
There's a possibility that they might not be able to admit me, but the prospect of actually being admitted this Friday is terrifying. I have no idea how to deal with any of this.
On the one hand, I'm absolutely relieved that I have such an amazing support system and treatment team helping me through this and helping me to organise my whole life. My Therapist has been superhuman. She's called me frequently, visited me at home outside of her working hours, given me her personal number... Without her I would not be as 'mentally' strong as I am right now. I'm surprised I've even kept this amount of mental awareness up for so long.
My Mum has been equally as amazing. She's kept herself so strong for me, being so good about it all. Without her love and support I'd be doomed, that much I know.
And on the other side of the hand, I'm beyond petrified of being left in a hospital without anyone I know, and without knowing what to expect there. I know I've agreed to this and chosen this pathway, and I know it's for the best, but making that decision has caused me so much hurt. The fear is consuming.
Do I regret making this decision?
Do I really need it?
Will it work?
What will happen?
What will I have to do?
What do I eat?
How much?
How long will I be in there?
Will they let me go for walks?
Do I keep up my schooling?
I need to shut off my brain.
I'm falling.
There are people who will catch me.
I'm exhausted.
I won't have to wait much longer.
I'm scared.
Nothing bad will happen to me.
I'm trying.
Trying is the best thing I can do.
I really do feel as though I'm falling... Falling upward.
I have a sinking feeling, but where my life is headed is not down, it's up.
Deciding to go to hospital for a while is going to get me on the right track, so I can properly see my potential, and see that recovery is possible.
I can only go up from here.
This might be the hardest thing I ever have to do. But I am willing to do this, because this is me getting my life back.
I'm falling upwards into recovery, back into life, back into myself.
I'm scared. But I'm not alone.
love, love, love.
15 comments:
I am in tears.
Tears of pride for your courage and bravery and dtermination.
Tears of relief at your willingness to seek and use the help you need.
You know I love you my sweetheart xxoo
Jennifer
I'm proud of you for making this decision and accepting it as a route towards recovery. It's kind of rubbish that there is now alot of waiting around and uncertainty, but hopefully soon you will be rewarded with a place.
I am impressed by your attitude towards this and your willingness to do whatever it takes to recover. And if this means hospital, then so be it. Anything is worth it to achieve health and happiness. Both of which you truly deserve.
Keep us posted chick
Sarah x
Good luck. I know that it's scary but it is the best thing you can do for yourself when you can no longer fight on your own. I wish you the best and I will be thinking of you! Be gentle with yourself!
*hugs*
Sarah
Eleanor
I am so very proud of you. THIS is being responsible, THIS is believing that you are worth more than an eating disorder, THIS is knowing that your life can be so much better.
If you think that this was the best decision, than it was. No second guessing, no nothing. You know what's best for you, and the fact that you took a stand and did what you knew in your heart was right? That takes courage.
You are a courageous, strong, and beautiful girl. Don't forget about us while you're in there, ok? Good luck with the little assessment, and remember that everything happens for a reason!
I love you SO much!
<3 Tat
Hun, I'm so proud of you and so happy to see that you have such a supportive network of people surrounding you. Usually, the right decisions are the most difficult ones to make, and the ones that we end up questioning the most.
You're doing the right thing, Eleanor. You're taking responsibility for your health and seeking the help you need to get better. I know that the concept of anything unknown is terrifying, but remember that you're going into an environment where people care about you and are trying to help you get better. Don't be afraid of their help... no one is out to get you; promise.
You take care, you hear? Sending lots of love, hugs, and positive thoughts your way <3
Eleanor, first off, let me just say that you are a BEAUTIFUL writer.
I'm so proud of you. I'm almost certain that this is the right decision for you. I know you have the will to recover - you are just confused as to how to get there. IP will help you with that. Stay strong love. Everything is going to be okay. I've felt as lost and as desperate as you feel at the moment, and I finally found the light. My life couldn't be better these days. And one day, so will yours.
Eleanor,
I am so proud of you :) I wish I could help you more. You are such an amazing person. If you need anything please email me. I Wish I could do more. This is going to be a huge turning point for you, I can feel it. Be positive dear, your doing the right thing!
Love you girlie <3
Dana
http://happinessiswithin.wordpress.com/
That was one tough decision to make Eleanor but Im so impressed about how maturely you are taking it and rationally as well. You have the strength and fire within you to fight this, going IP might just give you that extra push to really beat this.
Let us know how you get on, xox
Laura
i just left you the longest comment and it went bye-bye lol. booo.
eleanor, this post gave me the chills. i love you so much and i am SO proud of you. please realize how much you have overcome these past few weeks and know how strong and BEAUTIFUL you are. you are such an amazing person and i know you will succeed in the program you end up in. STAY STRONG.
<3
Hey eleanor,
You don't really know me but I just wanted to say how amazingly proud of you I am for taking this huge big step. Yes you may be scared but it's more your illness that is causing the fear. Your ED is scared that you're making the decision to let it go and it doesn't like this one bit. But you, the real Eleanor, have decided that you want YOUR life back. And that takes real courage to do that so you should be soooo proud of yourself.
Yes it's going to be the hardest thing you'll ever do in your life probably, and there will be so many times whilst you're there that you wish that you hadn't made this decision, but it's your ED that won't like it and wishes that it could go back home and go back to old habits. You have to push past it's lies and see that this is the best for you and I PROMISE if you try and find the real you whilst you are there, things WILL get better and you will feel HAPPIER. Afterall, this is what you truly deserve because you are beautiful and amazing with so much potential and you can't let this illness take this away from you anymore.
Take care lovely, and stay strong. You're not alone.
Nicky xx
*hugs* You are so very very brave hun and I know you may be feeling so scared and so vulnerable, but know that I am here for you come what may. You are loved and you are definitely not alone. Take care Eleanor! Stay strong and remember that you are beautiful and you deserve all the beauty that life has to offer.
Love you much
Nat xoxo
You are so strong and powerful.
I can personally say that being in Inpatient has only made me happier and healthier.
Dont be afraid to ask me anything, cause it sounds like i have gone through something similiar to you.
dont give up hope!
<3
I am so proud of you Eleanor. You are doing the BEST thing for yourself. This act just shows how much you truly want to get better and be healthy.
You'll be in my prayers!
xoxo
I am so proud of you, brave girl. I pray that you can finally get out of this hole once and for all. I believe you will. You have taken a big step but it is really the best thing for you! You have definitely made the right choice.
I love you, Eleanor. Stay strong <3
You are so brave, so strong and so so so AWSOME.
I am really proud of you.
Dont ever loose faith. You can do it you can win this battle.
huggels,
Kat
Post a Comment