Ladies, I would like to introduce you all to the boy that stole my heart away.
He loves me like no one else ever has, he makes me feel like I'm the only one that matters. He makes me laugh and smile, putting me on a permanent high. I'm love struck.
I must warn you all now, though, that Green Eyed Monsters may find their way to the surface of your minds…
His name is Albi, and he is my baby boy.
* * *
She woke up like she did any other day: her alarm woke her from a dreamless slumber, just as it did every morning. But little did she know, today wasn't going to be like every other day she'd had so far: full of sadness, tears and monotony. Today would be anything but monotonous, sad and tearful.
As she was preparing herself for any other day, her phone gave off an unexpected ring. She answered it hesitantly.
"Hello?" she said.
"Hi El, it's Ard (my Mum's friend). I was wondering if you'd like to come shopping with me and Little Marissa (her baby) today? I've been home all week bored mindless and I think I've cleaned my bench top 9 times this morning."
At first, Eleanor didn't know what to say. This would throw her out of her normal – otherwise known as boring – routine. But she accepted.
* * *
And so started my day.
I haven't smiled so much in such a long time. I haven't had such amazing conversations in longer than I care to remember. Today, I was busy all day. I went shopping with my Mum's friend, who so happens to have the opposite problem to me. She is an overeater, and has been overweight almost her whole life. She's lost so much weight, and is looking better than she has in as long as I've known her. We talked about the similarities of our conditions, and I learnt so much from her. I learned that it's not just about food, it's about the mind, and the desperate lengths it will go to, to find ways of coping.
I had an amazing morning. But it didn't stop there.
This afternoon, an old boyfriend of mine, who I have had a very sketchy history with, asked me to go out for coffee with him. I accepted, not expecting to come home in a good mood. But I did.
He's always been such an intellectual, and it took today for me to realize just how much I miss the conversations I used to have with him. I talked about my condition, I talked about the thoughts that go on in my head and the fact that I always know that I'm doing something wrong at the time that I'm doing it, but not having control over the actions I follow through with. And he understood. He's an amazing guy, and as much as I was hurt by him, we've both grown on and past our previous life together, and reconnected on a different level. I lost him when I started getting sick. He left. But that's because he didn't know how to handle it, he didn't know what was going on and he didn't know how to do anything about it. That's understandable. It took me a long time to get over that, but I've matured and grown a lot since then.
We talked about how experiences change and make a person who they are. I came to the conclusion and realisation that, if I hadn't gotten this illness, I wouldn't have learned to appreciate life as much as I do now
.I had the most amazing day. I can't do my day justice with words, because it goes beyond explanation. I had a normal day. But it was an amazing day. I learned a lot about myself, and about the people I love and care about.
Today marks an important day in my recovery. My hard work so far has paid off, and maybe tomorrow I'll have an absolute horror of a day, but the fact that I had an amazing day today makes it all worth while. It makes the fight worth fighting. It gives me hope for more amazing days.
His name is Albi, and he is my baby boy.
* * *
She woke up like she did any other day: her alarm woke her from a dreamless slumber, just as it did every morning. But little did she know, today wasn't going to be like every other day she'd had so far: full of sadness, tears and monotony. Today would be anything but monotonous, sad and tearful.
As she was preparing herself for any other day, her phone gave off an unexpected ring. She answered it hesitantly.
"Hello?" she said.
"Hi El, it's Ard (my Mum's friend). I was wondering if you'd like to come shopping with me and Little Marissa (her baby) today? I've been home all week bored mindless and I think I've cleaned my bench top 9 times this morning."
At first, Eleanor didn't know what to say. This would throw her out of her normal – otherwise known as boring – routine. But she accepted.
* * *
And so started my day.
I haven't smiled so much in such a long time. I haven't had such amazing conversations in longer than I care to remember. Today, I was busy all day. I went shopping with my Mum's friend, who so happens to have the opposite problem to me. She is an overeater, and has been overweight almost her whole life. She's lost so much weight, and is looking better than she has in as long as I've known her. We talked about the similarities of our conditions, and I learnt so much from her. I learned that it's not just about food, it's about the mind, and the desperate lengths it will go to, to find ways of coping.
I had an amazing morning. But it didn't stop there.
This afternoon, an old boyfriend of mine, who I have had a very sketchy history with, asked me to go out for coffee with him. I accepted, not expecting to come home in a good mood. But I did.
He's always been such an intellectual, and it took today for me to realize just how much I miss the conversations I used to have with him. I talked about my condition, I talked about the thoughts that go on in my head and the fact that I always know that I'm doing something wrong at the time that I'm doing it, but not having control over the actions I follow through with. And he understood. He's an amazing guy, and as much as I was hurt by him, we've both grown on and past our previous life together, and reconnected on a different level. I lost him when I started getting sick. He left. But that's because he didn't know how to handle it, he didn't know what was going on and he didn't know how to do anything about it. That's understandable. It took me a long time to get over that, but I've matured and grown a lot since then.
We talked about how experiences change and make a person who they are. I came to the conclusion and realisation that, if I hadn't gotten this illness, I wouldn't have learned to appreciate life as much as I do now
.I had the most amazing day. I can't do my day justice with words, because it goes beyond explanation. I had a normal day. But it was an amazing day. I learned a lot about myself, and about the people I love and care about.
Today marks an important day in my recovery. My hard work so far has paid off, and maybe tomorrow I'll have an absolute horror of a day, but the fact that I had an amazing day today makes it all worth while. It makes the fight worth fighting. It gives me hope for more amazing days.
Let's learn to appreciate what we do have in life, instead of what the unrealistic wants we have. Let's learn to appreciate ourselves, for who we are and what we have to give to the world.
We're all beautiful. We're all strong. We're all worth fighting for.
We all have lives to live, that can be lived and will be lived.
Our experiences shape who we are, and teach us important life skills & lessons.
Life can be beautiful, if we learn to accept it for what it is.
We're all beautiful. We're all strong. We're all worth fighting for.
We all have lives to live, that can be lived and will be lived.
Our experiences shape who we are, and teach us important life skills & lessons.
Life can be beautiful, if we learn to accept it for what it is.
20 comments:
It makes me happy to read you have had a good day Eleanor, you deserve it. I can understand that when the days you've had seem to be full of darkness, even the normal days can seem amazing, something as ordinary as friendships and conversations, and you learn not to take these things for granted, like others may.
And oh my goodness, Albi is soooo cute!
Take care,
Cassie xx
Oh my gosh.. Albi just takes my breath away! What a cutie! You must be so in love :D
I am so thrilled to hear about these recent events. To know that you are laughing and smiling means so much to me, because you deserve to be appreciating life in the way that you are. You are such a fighter Eleanor, and you should be so proud of how far you've come in such a short time!
<3 Tat
i am so happy to hear about your amazing day! and i'm glad you have the perspective to see it and understand it and treasure it. what a wonderful gift! and you're right, it is a testament to all of your hard work. way to go!
your pup is adorable, i love him!
Eleanor, you don't know how happy this post made me! I am so, so proud of everything you've been able to accomplish. Your puppy is ADORABLE btw, totally jealous!
Posts like these are the ones I want to and like to read about. You are such an inspiration, and totally deserve more and more amazing days like this one.
Keep it up!
Paola <3
Congrats on the new man in your life, Eleanor. Albi is such a cutie, and it makes me happy to hear that he'll be joining you for the rest of your journey.
But it makes me even happier to hear that you had such a wonderful day. To laugh and smile are among some of the most beautiful things in life, and to be able to do those things means that you're coming back to life... it means that you're escaping the prison of apathy and darkness that your ED has kept you trapped in. I hope that you have many, MANY more days like this, love, because you definitely deserve all the smiles and laughs that the world has to offer.
<3
So proud of you Eleanor! Good for you for breaking out of your comfort zone. If you keep fighting ED you will have soo many more amazing days!
xoxo
~Annie
I love this!
Albi is adorable :)
Isnt it amazing how one good day can make such a differnce?
You give everyone so much hope,
thank you for that.
<3
Ahh, I love this Eleanor! I'm so glad you had a fun and happy day. That's what recovery is about, and that's what you have to look forward to! Yeah, they'll be some rough days here-and-there, but hold onto these fabulous memories.
You're beautiful, my dear. All my best wishes for some more amazing days. xoxo
YOU MADE MY WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
I'm so glad you had a good day and you little puppy is so beautiful. He's gorgeous, I bet he has you wrapped around your little finger and a nice photo too by the way. Keep up the good work, you are awesome!
*hugs*
Sarah
Eleanor - your post has put a huge smile on my face - I am thrilled for you!!!!!!! I am in love with your puppy - i think that pets are truly the best medicine!!! What makes me even happier is to hear what a wonderful day you had- i know this is the beginning of a new and exciting life for you!!!!!
xo aimee
Eleanor,
Albi is as beautiful as you are. I'm sure you two have become inseparable already.
Your post made me so happy. Hearing about the wonderful conversations and interactions you had brought a smile to my face. There will be good days and bad days, so it's important to remember the great days like this and how it made you feel. So happy for you!
-Emily
This post made me smile :-)
Sarah x
I'm so happy for you Eleanor :)
I am in love with Albi :) Take good care of each other. Look at him and see support and love - as well as a reason for keep fighting your eating disorder. He needs you, and you need him. The two of you can develop a beautiful friendship.
I am so proud of you for stepping out in the social world, Eleanor. You show so much strength and will to accept those two invitations. Our eating disorder often tries to convince us that the social world is a scary place to be, and that we will only get hurt and disappointed if deciding to take part. It is wrong. The social world is where our LIFE is, where we want to root our existence and future.
Life is indeed wonderful, and we can all learn from your perspective. We are to appreciate life, appreciate simply being able to live. Not just breathe, but live with a beating heart and passionate mind.
Experiences such as these give you confirmation that what you are working so hard for is worth it, more than worth it. Keep fighting, my friend, because then more good days will come. Believe me.
I am so glad that you had a smile on your face, and also so incredibly proud of you. You have come a far way, and you continue to show so much courage and fire. You want to beat this shit, and you will make it. In my eyes you are well on your way, and that fills me with hope, pride and love.
You allways have my support, Eleanor. Allways.
Love,
Hedda <3
Eleanor,
Thank you so much for leaving such a motivational note on my blog. I cannot wait to read more on yours now that I am following!
Your puppy is so so so cute!!!! *Squeal.* Getting a pet is such a great incentive to stay motivated. I got my orange tabby, Corduroy, soon after I was discharged from a hospitalization as well, and his love has been vital to me ever since! My human family may be disfunctional at times and triggering situations are unpredictable, but a the love of a pet is truly unconditional.
On top of that, reaching out to the healing people around you is so important! It is so refreshing to meet individuals who are understanding. When you need advice, these are the people to reach out to! Forming new bonds and strengthening old ones always keeps me excited for recovery-- I hope that it keeps you compelled, too!
You have so many things to fight for, Eleanor. Keep looking forward, and you will find peace!
Love always,
Alexis
I am so happy to read that you are having a lovely day. A girl like you deserves to smile and laugh and have fun again. There is so much more to come for you, Eleanor!
THAT DOG IS SO CUTE!!!!
Keep strong. <3
CUTE CUTE CUTE
SO happy for you
stay strong lovie
I'm really glad you had a great day. And it's awesome the visit with your old boyfriend turned into a positive experience rather than a negative one- which things like that can easily become. :)
that's so great to hear, I love those days where everything suddenly brightens up, the clouds clear, and it is so obvious all at once that it's worth it. Those great days keep me going through the tough ones, and the best part of all is I'm finding the good days are increasingly outweighing the bad. Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment