I'm in no way an artist, but I wanted to share this with you.
For the two past mornings, I have woken up earlier than usual. Doing what I always do, I make my way to the living room and do my morning yoga, in the dark. I finished my yoga and noticed that the sun still wasn't up yet, so I got myself a green tea and stood at the window. I didn't wake up early with the intention of watching the sun rise, but the opportunity was there, and I hadn't watched sat through a sunrise in a long time. I made my way outside and stood on top of the old dog kennel, and slowly, the sun appeared. A Cheshire Cat moon grinned down at me, as I watched the day behin. The rising sun painted the sky beautiful colours; colours that bring the world to life. Gray clouds blushed: pinks, corals, oranges, purples. Dark skies lightened, becoming a brilliant blue. The sun greeted the earth beneath it, introducing all living things to the new day it brought along. And there I stood, watching it all happen around me.
Today, although starting out beautifully, has been a battle to get through. My heart isn't in anything I do, my mind isn't focused, my soul is feeling devoid of all happiness, my body is lethargic, heavy. These four separate components are just that, separate. They should be working together, but instead they are trying to work independantly, and it's left me in a mess. Each is being plagued by ED - my heart, my mind, my soul and my body. Each suffering... Each part is suffering individually - they're working against each other, and it's making me hurt all the more. I was expecting ED to come creeping back in, but I wasn't expecting it to be this intense. I'm feeling lost, if lost is something you can feel. Confusion, uncertainty. Anxiety and worry. I'm edgy, I'm paranoid. Nothing I do is right, and everything my parents do is wrong, too.
My parents are a whole other kettle of fish, too. I think I have almost given up trying to talk to them, about anything. Trying to explain anything to them is like trying to explain what a picture looks like to a blind man: impossible. Whenever I muster up the courage to talk to either Mum or Dad, they never let me talk. Always cutting in, always voicing their opinions. I just want someone to listen. I want to be heard. I'm sick of listening to ED, I'm sick of not having my say in the things I do. I need to be heard.
What I try to say to them, almost seems unimportant - what they have to say is more important, more worth hearing. I don't want to feel this way, but there is almost no point in trying to tell them because they wont listen.
What I try to say to them, almost seems unimportant - what they have to say is more important, more worth hearing. I don't want to feel this way, but there is almost no point in trying to tell them because they wont listen.
I haven't wanted to be negative, and I hope that I'm not becoming a drag, but honestly, right now this blog is the only thing preserving what little sanity I have. I'm trying to find Eleanor, but at the moment Eleanor doesn't want to be found - or ED doesn't want Eleanor to be found.
Though today has been a day I never want to repeat, it did start out beautifully. I watched a new day dawn. I watched the world wake up. I watched the sun colour in the shadows of night, I saw the lamp-posts dull then shut off, and although I was getting eaten alive by mosquitos (I'm probably going to catch some God-awful infection now), I was able to feel peaceful. I saw something get created. I watched the world around me, the world I live in, become. And that gives me hope. I will cling to any scrap of hope I can get my hands on. And this is hope.
The sun rises, every single day. It always has, and it always will. It stops for nothing, it stops for no one - including me. The rising of the sun signifies a new day and a fresh start, but it's up to me to take the opportunity to start afresh. I can choose to make the most out of my day, or I can choose to blanket myself in heavy darkness. Regardless of what I choose to do, the sun will keep rising in the morning. That tells me that life will always be there, and I will always have the chance to enter into it again.
The sun rises, every single day. It always has, and it always will. It stops for nothing, it stops for no one - including me. The rising of the sun signifies a new day and a fresh start, but it's up to me to take the opportunity to start afresh. I can choose to make the most out of my day, or I can choose to blanket myself in heavy darkness. Regardless of what I choose to do, the sun will keep rising in the morning. That tells me that life will always be there, and I will always have the chance to enter into it again.
Put the past in the past, where it belongs. Don't look too far ahead, because you'll get lost in the distance. Just put one foot in front of the other, and keep moving forward. The future will keep coming, and the past will trail behind - where we are now is where we should be, and what we donow is what matters most.
love, love, love.

15 comments:
I love the painting and I love the quote at the end of this post. I know it isn't much, but I know that every one who reads your blog would consider you worth listening to. You ARE worth it, just remember that! -Kylee
Your painting's gorgeous and I'm glad your day started our beautifully. While it may have unfolded in a way that wasn't ideal, I think the sunrise you witnessed today may be a reminder to you that each new day is a day of fresh, new hope. No sunrise occurs exactly the same, just as no day turns out exactly the same. Tomorrow will be better and as you continue to fight on, it will get tough, and then, you will break through it! *hugs*
While you may feel that your parents do not listen, know that you have readers who care for you a whole lot and are willing to listen to what you have to say. I'm definitely one of them. =)
Take care hun!
xx
The sunrise sounds beautiful, and the painting is amazing.
Remember that every day is a new day, just like the sun will always rise. And I will always think you are beautiful :)
<3
The sunrise sounds beautiful, and the painting is amazing.
Remember that every day is a new day, just like the sun will always rise. And I will always think you are beautiful :)
<3
Gosh you are right, we are in very similar places right now :/
First - Don't be so modest. (For starters, the picture is amazingly raw... it's not very often I come across such a beautiful piece of artwork that is dripping with honesty. Picasso in the blood?... I think so! :P) You are so worthy Eleanor... of life, of love, of happiness. Don't think for a second that you are undeserving - you are one of the most amazing people I have ever met. The impact you have made on my life alone should be enough to crown you Queen... and I know you have touched the lives of so many others.
The true Eleanor lives inside, even though at times it feels like she is gone. She is just itching to get out. I bet it is she that woke you up so much earlier than usual - she wanted you to see the true beauty that is available to us each and every day. You are right - the sun won't stop rising for anything, and why should it? To have a constant reminder of true beauty each and everyday is a blessing.
With each day comes more beauty, more peace, more solace.
<3
We can do this!
Tat
elanor i really enjoyed reading this post. it can be so hard to piece back together ourselves while overcoming our ED. but the most important thing is that you believe in healing. believing is something the Ed can never take from you and the more you do, the more your true personality will come through!
hope you have a wonderful day love
xoxo
I remember feeling exactly this way not too long ago. Exactly. I couldn't figure it out and it was driving me crazy. I thought that because I was pushing forward in recovery, I should be feeling better, not worse. Unfortunately, it wasn't the case and I think that's why sometimes people slip back into their illness.
But you know what? It passed. I rode it through, and slowly it passed. It almost seemed like it had to get worse before it got better. I now feel a lot more normal and stable... Stick it through, love. Be strong and give it time. The worst thing you can do is slip back now. Give yourself and your body more time to adjust, and remember... this too shall pass.
xoxo
Your artwork is amazing! Beautiful! I definitely consider you worth listening to and reading your blog has been such a help to me. You always have a way of breaking down ED thoughts and overcoming them and finding a way to create something positive. Even if you don't always feel very positive, the fact that you can still write so positively and argue against the ED voice you hear is a sign that you have the strength to beat this.
I know exactly what you mean about parents. I too find it very, very hard to talk to my mom about what I'm feeling. She seems to have a ready answer for everything and really doesn't seem interested in what I have to say. What I've learned is that we have to trust ourselves and what we feel even when other people seem dismissive. You have a lot of valuable things to say and I'm glad that I get to hear them through your blog.
gorgeous sunrise.
you will get through this, the peace of the sunrise will continue to be found. just because your parents don't want to understand does not mean you shouldn't still push through in recovery. you can do this. just ride the wave & breathe.
always remember that the sun will keep rising & you are always welcome to it.
thinking of you.
xoxo
love the art and quote! you are so creative hun. and that is so true, the sun DOES rise each and everyday. you should read hemingway ;] hey that rhymes! haha--i'm such a freak
ANYWAYS, each day is a brand new start and we can get ourselves out of this weird funk we've been in just by telling ourselves that we will. life is perspective and we have the ability to change the whole thing wiht the snap of our fingers.
love you!
becca
love the painting!!
and don't your worry about your blog becoming "dreary" or "bleak." this is your blog and your recovery! keep it up girl!
♥ lindsey
Can I tell you a secret that is no so secret, Eleanor? Your blog is one of the ones I find most thought provoking, inspiring, and beautiful.
You really speak and express yourself when you write, and to me you ARE an artist.
Eleanor will come shining through soon, you will find her and you will shine.
This is a long difficult road, but the sun will come out for you in time. I just know it!!
I can relate to you about your parents, my mom is just like that at times. When things are calm, you should try telling them how you feel about that so maybe they will give you the chance to actually talk for a change.
It is rough when people just wont listen.
Hang in there,
I believe in you!
you, my dear, are a sunrise itself. Your words are incredibly powerful beautiful, and enticing. A lot of times, we get too engrossed into the present...our immediate problems, worries, and anxieties...but in the whole picture, the world never stops, and beauty is always present and always the same. Well, ED hides that from us, by making us so obsessed with the eeny minor details that prevents us from seeing the big picture, our life in its entirety.
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time communicating with your parents right now. That's always rough. But still...within that frustration, the whole picture is that they LOVE you. They may not know the best way to express it, but their love will always be there. Take comfort in that, and don't let ED sidetrack you because of your frustrations. Focus on your recovery first, because whether your parents listen to you or not, you are the only person who is able to fight this.
Stay strong, and keep up the positive attitude. *HUGS*
Eleanor,
Thank you soo much for your lovely comments on my new blog, it meant to much to me!!
And pshh you ARE an artiste, mydear that captures the sunrise beautifully and candidly. I share your feelings in the ed aspect as well, I don't know you yet and was so interested in hearing what you had to say ;) Look forward to following you and hearing more from you, you seem so lovely!
All my <3
Amanda
First of all, no need for modesty my dear. Judging by that painting you are an incredible artist! And it may be a bit odd that I noticed this of all things, but I really like your handwriting. ;)
Just like your posts on feelings of pain and fear are evoked with beautiful words and phrases, I hope you can someday (preferably soon) look back on this difficult time and find some positivity and beauty in it. They say it's always darkest before the sun rises, and I hope that if you stick it out the same will be true for you as well. infinite x'es and o's
Rachael*
Post a Comment