Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After.

Here I am. Still alive. Who knows how but I managed to get through Christmas - I was faced with a few problems though, unfortunately.
I woke up in the early morning, looked at the time, and snuggled back into my blankets, knowing full well that those were the last few seconds I'd have them wrapped around me. My body was telling me to get up, so I dragged myself out of bed. "Oh." I said. "It's Christmas." Notice the lack of exclimation
! marks, leaps of joy, cries of happiness? Yeah. I wasnt overjoyed. Not to say I wasn't happy that it was Christmas, because I was! But it didn't feel like Christmas. The feel of it was lacking. Nonetheless, I smiled, and started my day with some yoga. To be honest, I wasn't really that nervous about the day awaiting me. Foodwise, I was to be doing what I normally do, because that's what I felt comfortable with.
When the rest of my family awoke, we began the present-unwrapping! That was hilarious, and we all did very well this year! I was smiling, laughing - I was happy. I was Eleanor. But then I got hit by an absolute killer of a pain through my whole stomach. I was bloated, in pain, and I couldn't even face myself in the mirror. I completely broke down in my room, crying and everything, and I had no idea why. It was like ED was punishing me for being happy and not paying any attention to him. Rather than making me feel sorry for myself, I felt mad. Mad, that I couldn't have a day free of worries and stresses. I couldn't just have a day, one day, where I was allowed to smile and laugh and be happy - surrounded by the people I love and doing the things I love doing. ED didn't allow me that - he had to ruin the day.
But despite that little slip-up, I battled on and through. We sat down to lunch, and my parents allowed me some wine. And wow. It was good wine, to say the least! I've never had experience with alcohol, and I had about one and a half standard drinks. I was tipsy! After that! But it was crazy fun. I felt light, I felt free, I felt like there was nothing to worry about. Short-lived, yes, but it was a nice experience. Not something I'd do all the time, mind you. I'm glad I did it, though. And not once did the "calories" in the wine cross my mind. I was doing this for me, not for ED.


However, my stomach continued to give me trouble, more than I've experienced in a long, long time. ED decided to take advantage of this... I wasn't feeling up to consuming the usual amount of food I eat on any other day, and ED persuaded me into talking my parents out of  me having my usual meals and snacks. I had about half of what I was supposed to have, and ED was elated. I didn't know what I was feeling. I did kick him in the butt today, though, by having more that what I needed to. I've always had trouble with having "extras", but today I managed a little something, and you know what? I enjoyed it.

I may not have had the gingerbread I made, and I may not have had the cheeses, the dips, the pastries and the meat Mum served at Christmas lunch, but I didn't freak out about anything food related. I know I gave in to ED, and I know that I shouldn't just let that slide, but I was convinced that my Christmas was going to be a disaster. And I'm proud and happy to say that my Christmas wasn't a disaster.

I'm not sure how I'm feeling about everything right now - my mind is still getting back into the swing of things. I'll do a proper and less 'messy' post tomorrow!

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas, nothing less than exceptional. Because you all deserve happiness and joy, and you all have the right to smile and laugh.
You are all so beautiful, inside and out. ED might make an unwanted appearance at the most inconvenient of times, and ED might try to destroy any speck of happiness you muster up, but you are all so strong, and you all have the strength to fight back.
Christmas is a time for joy, yes. But that doesn't mean you can't be happy any other day. You deserve to be in the best of spirits, all day, every day.


The best gift I recieved was your love and support.


Love, love, love.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eleanor!
I am so so proud of you. I know it seems like parts of your Christmas may have been a bit of a flop, but you actually made some incredible strides! Not only did you allow yourself to have fun opening presents and spending quality time with your family, you also took a stadidnd against ED! Sure, he stepped in and ruined the moment, but instead of letting it crush your entire day and holiday spirit, you turned your troubles into anger and directed it towards ED!

Gone are the days where ED has the ability to make you feel powerless. You are slowly realizing your strength... You are so much more than your ED leads you to beleive, and I know this postivie outlook is only going to being you closer to eternal happiness.

xox
Tat

Unknown said...

Darling,
you should be proud of yourself. Sure you had your struggles, but you know what? You DEALT with them, head-on. And you did NOT let ED get in your way (overall) of the holiday spirit. You should be smiling ear to ear, because you were strong and brave--you conquered FEAR.

I'm so proud of you, you're such a beautiful person. Own it.
Rebecca <3

Emily said...

Despite the slip-ups, you had an amazing Christmas and should be incredibly proud of yourself!! Just take from the experience - learn from it and try to beat ED when that ever happens again.

You are amazing, never forget that :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You always have my love and support, Eleanor... whenever you need it :)

I'm glad you were able to partially enjoy your Christmas. ED does make his presence known at the worst times, but I love seeing that you got some smiles and laughs in as well.

Don't forget that you deserve happiness and joy, and you have the right to smile and laugh as well. You are beautiful, my dear. Don't let ED convince you otherwise.

Anonymous said...

wine is wonderful isn't it :)
i'm really glad you enjoyed at least a part of christmas, moments like when you were opening presents and realized the real Eleanor, those are the most motivating because they help remind us that we can live without Ed. sure he didn't stay out of the way the whole day, but you handled it.
hope you have a beautiful day love!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I had the same sort of problems, but we'll work together this year and make things better for us!

You deserve so much better, especially on Christmas, this sounds so much like my christmas, it sad.

xx

Ruby Converse and Curls said...

Yay for Christmas not totally bombing! While it sucks that it couldn't be all sparkles and rainbows, I'm glad there were moments of happiness as well.
I know all too well the feeling that ED is punishing you for being happy or spending one moment not catering to his every whim. And YOU GO for getting mad. You have every reason to be! Hell, I'm mad on your behalf! You are a beautiful, wise, kind (Need I go on?) girl who is being tormented by a terrible disease. If that's not worth getting angry over I don't know what is. You're in my thoughts lovely. ;)


Rachael*

AVY said...

You never really FEEL it's Christmas, not as much as you would like anyway.

Laci said...

hey girl,
thanks for the comment! I'm glad ur christmas was not a total disaster... hang in there! Hope you have a great new year.
XO
Laci ;)