Monday, December 14, 2009

Words.

I wrote a poem today, that I really wanted to share with you all. I thought you might appreciate it.

ED is a liar, a monster, corrupt,
A liar, abuser, a cold-hearted fuck.
Ed is a murderer, a reaper of lives,
In the end ED will ensure there's no chance you'll survive.
ED will taunt and tease, make you weak,
Wear down at your bones, hollow your cheeks.
ED will convince you right is wrong,
Confuse your mind of what you knew all along.
ED wil convince you wrong is right,
Takes advantage of weakness, blurs your insight.
ED preys on weakness, feeds of your fears,
Those fears ED created that bring you to tears.
ED sucks at your life, robs you of you,
Your identity is ED now, and ED is you.
ED poles you, pinches you, rips and tears at your skin,
Makes you loath and despise the body you're in.
ED wont let you believe that your life is your own,
Your life is EDs now, your mind is EDs home.
ED tells you, promises you, you'll be a beauty,
As long as the mirror doesn't show you what they see.
ED tells you they will only make you fat,
If you listen to ED, you'll be the opposite of that.
ED inhibits your mind, your soul, your heart,
Turns them to dust, rips them apart.
ED steals your mind, your heart and your soul,
And in its place, a huge, gaping hole.
ED wants to believe you're nothing, alone.
But ED will give you friendship, someone to call your own.
EDs love is hate, EDS fears are what you need,
Health, happiness, a mind that is free.
ED will always be there unless you step in,
Accept the elp, learn to fight, and WIN.
ED is a thief, a monster, corrupt,
But ED will disappear, when you say "Enough is enough".


I hope you girls get something from this. I just really thought I should share with you what's been on my mind lately - this doesn't sum it up completely, but the general idea is there.
I might post later on today, but if not...
Remeber that you are worth fighting for.



love, love, love.

8 comments:

Devan said...

you are worth fighting for too <3

Anonymous said...

AMAZING poetry Eleanor ;) You have such an incredible way with words. Often times is is so hard to explain the effect that ED has on our lives, but you did it.

I also loved that you ended on such a positive note ! Enough is enough and you are going to pull through this stronger than ever before!

Sweet dreams beautiful lady,
xox
Tat

Katie said...

Just YES!
x

Anonymous said...

:O such stunning words! i dont know what to say - your poem has said it all.

stay strong beautiful girl <3

hannah xo

Anonymous said...

Oh hun! This poem was not only shows how talented you are, it is also so honest and so true. It spoke loud and clear to me but you ARE right. We can make the change we want to see in ourselves when we decide that Enough is enough!

*hugs* You're amazing and beautiful! Thank you for sharing your strength because I definitely feel stronger!

xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the comment, i really like your blog!
And that poem was incredible!
It was soooo well written, and very true! I was close to tears honestly.
You have real talent girlie.
And it is so true, we are worth fighting for.

So keep it up!! You are stronger than ED

p.s Would you mind if I shared this poem with my treatment group?
thanks! xx

Anonymous said...

thank you so much, for your comment and this post.
we are all worth fighting for. Ed has nothing we need.
xoxo

Unknown said...

So beautiful. So talented.

YOU are a rock star. Don't forget it
bec xo