Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Twas The Night Before Christmas...

...Yes, I know thats not really a very original title post, but I'm keeping with the whole Christmas theme here, because I've felt like a bit of a Grinch recently! So I'm making up for it now. I dug into my Christmas Cheer supply and went all out this morning by making red, white and green paper chains for the living room. See, I'm not a complete party pooper!
I'm finding it hard to believe that it's actually Christmas Eve today/night. It's sort of all just crept up on me, without my notice. I can't imagine that tomorrow morning I'm going to be sitting under the Christmas tree handing out and unwrapping presents. And then it will be all over, for another year. I had no hype this year. Nothing of the sort. And I am really sad about that, because I used to love this time of year when I was young. I guess that's what you get when you grow up!
(I'm still going to wait up and catch Santa out this year...)


So, in the spirit of Christmas and all that is Merry, I am going to to a list, not of the things I want, but of the thigns I am grateful I have.

Christmas Love List

My family.
I know, I know, very generic. But it's true; I love my family so much more than they realize. My Mum, my Dad, my older brother and my younger brother. Through everything, good times and bad, these four beautiful people have been there for me. By my side, no matter what time of day it is, no matter how bad a mood I'm in, they're there holding my hand, and will never let go. At times, they definitely feel underappreciated, especially my Mum. I wish I could tell her how much she means to me, as well as my Dad and brothers. They are amazing people, and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have a family like mine.

My friends.
Life just wouldn't be the same without the friends I've been lucky enough to gain. A few particular people have changed my life and impacted me on such a deep level, that I would simply not be the same if they weren't part of my life.

Giving Love and Recieving Love.
No matter where love comes from and who it's for, love is everywhere. Love is the foundation of everything. Love brings meaning to life. Love makes you feel warm, safe, happy. Love holds the pieces of my heart together.

Dreams, Goals and Aspirations.
We can all achieve our goals, we can all live our dreams, we can all reach our aspirations. These three things are reasons to continue onward and upward. Because we are all capable. Our dreams, goals and aspirations make us who we are.
Smiling.
It is amazing just how good a smile can make you feel.
Tea and Coffee!
There is nothing better than sitting down to a nice, steaming hot cup of your favourite beverage.
PIRATES!
Okay, namely Johnny Depp... He's just really handsome, okay!? I've had pirate songs stuck in my head all week, and I honestly think that's contributed to my happiness of late. And honestly, pirate shanties are so cool. And so are the clothes. ;) Yo, ho, and a bottle of rum!
Early Mornings and Sunrises.
I am a morning person. I wake up early, every morning, so I can appreciate the coming of a new day. Without fail, I go out the back and look up at the sky, which sometimes still has stars winking down at me. The golden glow of the rising sun warms my face and fills me with my own glow; the glow of feeling alive. Morning times are the most important part of my day: my time alone, where I can gather my thoughts and make sense of my life.


There are many, many more things I could write about. When I really think about it, I have so much more than what ED says I have. I can be so much more without ED, than with ED. I can be Eleanor, the happy, smart, life-loving Eleanor who felt comfortable in her skin, who looked forward to doing new, exciting things and never held back. I know I can be that person again; I appreciate that it will take time for the stranglehold of ED to weaken, and the ties ED has on me to loosen, but I'm prepared to wait. The wait, the effort, the hardships and the constant struggles will be worth it, in the end.

The last thing to go on my Christmas Love List, is you. Yes, you. You beautiful, amazing, intelligent, capable, strong, independant, motivational, inspirational human being. I love you. There are no amount of words I can use to express my gratitude towards the love and support you have all given me. Without this blog, and without the kindness I've been shown, I would not be where I am now. This blogging community has turned my life around and I've come out of the shell ED built up around me. You've all enabled me to show a side of me that ED has tried to hide. Eleanor.
You are the last, but certainly not the least, important thing to go on my Love List. Because I do love you. You all deserve love. And you all deserve happiness. You all deserve to be you, without anything holding you back.


Have a very Merry Christmas, because you deserve it. Don't let anything stop you from having happiness.


Love, love, love.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

merry christmas eleanor!
have a wonderful time
xoxo

Ruby Converse and Curls said...

I love this post. A first I was really confused though. Not only are you a badass pirate (Johnny = love) but a time traveler too?! Tell me, what does my future look like?... Silly time difference!
One of these days you're going to see the beauty and amazingness inside yourself that is so apparent to everyone else. And then you'll be obsessed with your fabulousness ;) I can only speak for myself but I'm so grateful for the wisdom and kindness you've bestowed upon me in the short time I've been blogging. So thank YOU, Miss Eleanor! I hope this Christmas exceeds your expectations because you deserve only the best.

Rachael*

AMY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AMY said...

You, my dear, are also beautiful, amazing, intelligent, capable, strong, independent, motivational and inspirational. You have been a positive force in my life, and I thank you for it.

:)

Love you.

<3

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous post, love... I adore you.

We DO have so much more than our ED tries to convince us of... it's just hard to see sometimes with the disorder in the way. Life is beautiful though, and your list definitely captures some of the most wonderful things about life. It brought a smile to my face, and I thank you for that.

Have a Merry Christmas, k? You're beautiful and completely deserve it. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love this list... I'm so glad that you are able to recognize that you are worth so much more than this stupid illness would have you believe!

<3 <3

Emily said...

wonderful list! being thankful is a huge part of the holidays - be it thanksgiving or Christmas :) All the things you listed are true and heartfelt and really put a smile on my face!

Have a MARVELOUS, ED FREE holiday, my friend - you only deserve the best.

xoxo

Eleanor said...

precious girl, blessed christmas. dun let ED's presence spoil ur christmas alrights? You deserve the BEST christmas ever. big hugs! really a very sweet post you have written.. and please dun forget, you are as worthy as those people close to you. =)

Anonymous said...

merry christmas dear! i'm in love with this post, after breakfast i am making a love list as well. you're the best!
xoxo

lindsey said...

i adore this post...it's may be the "thankful for family, friends, yadayadya..." but it's from the heart, and it is what truly makes you happy. you are such a unique and wonderful person without ED, so leave it behind! YOU deserve love and you deserve the world! and maybe some dance lessons? bwhahaha. :) i'll get to work on those tutorial videos asap!

take care, and merry christmas girl!

♥ lindsey

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful, inspirational and HONEST post. Thank you

Hope you have a Merry, healthy and joyful Merry Christmas, love!! <3

* said...

you are beyond amazing, you are the most beautiful person inside and out i have probably ever "met" ;) and i am not just saying that! i am in awe of your writing, your insight and how loving, kind and amazing of a girl you are. you do not deserve an ED...no one does...but you are too special! and ahh i hope your Xmas morning was amazing! i am sending you loads of hugs!

love you sweetie
xx
Eliza

maya said...

This has got to be the most amazing post ever.

omygoodnhowness!
I love u so much!!! :)
so so Inspiring. BEAUTIFUL! and wise, ah i could go on and on, i am in utter awe of what a beautiful person u are lovie! :)
have a merry Xmas my dear! u deserve the world!!!!

xoxooxoxoxoox

Anonymous said...

Eleanor... if it wasn't the amazing comment you left on my blog, this entry definatly did it. Your amazing words almost brought me to the point of tears - in a good way.

You are so strong and it thrills me to know that you are finally giving yourself more credit than you have been lately. Being able to recognize that you, Eleanor, are a beautiful individual who deserves life, love, and happiness is such an amazing feat. You should be proud to walk this earth for your heart is truly beautiful.

Your outlook on Christmas is amazing, too often we get caught up in presents and I have so much admiration for your spirituality. Have a Merry Christmas... you truly deserve it.

xox
Tat

I love YOU too ;)

Kay said...

Thank you so much for the comment on my blog! I hope you have a fantastic christmas too! :)