You will thank me.
Today is/was Saturday. Saturday means Weigh-Day/Nutrition Nightmare/Dietitian Doomsday/Any-other-smart-ass-name-Day. Needless to say, Friday night was a blur of hatehatehateIdon'tneedadietician-she'sstupid-thisispointless-shecan'ttellmewhattodo. You get the picture, right? I've complained about it often enough for it to be obvious how I feel towards this dreaded day and the woman behind it.
I actually feel terrible for making her out to be some form of evil Devil-Woman, because really, she's just doing her job. She's advising me and my parents on what the best plan of action in regards to me restoring health is.
I actually feel terrible for making her out to be some form of evil Devil-Woman, because really, she's just doing her job. She's advising me and my parents on what the best plan of action in regards to me restoring health is.
The woman behind it, really, is me. The reason I have to go through this rigmarole is because of me. I'm the cause of the anxiety, I'm the cause of my mother's hostility towards me, I'm the person who's "in the shit". And that, in all honesty, makes me sound like a selfish little brat who thinks of no one but herself.
My mother also thinks that of me. Which hurts more than me calling myself that. (Used to putting down myself? Not good, but true.) Of all things, hurting my parents and jeapodising my relationship with them was the last thing on my mind. Yes, I would wound up in myself and my problems and my struggles and my body and my everything else. So I can see where she's coming from. Every way I turn, I feel guilty, and no matter how I try to explain that I don't mean to be hurting her, she never gets it, or wants to get it. I can't make her understand, and that empty space between her and me has been filling me with this cold and lonely feeling. Pain, guilt, frustration.
Back to my appointment... Well, I was expecting quite a large gain. Recently I've been feeling bigger, and I can't help but think how bad I look.. How much I miss how I looked before. That's sick, I know, and it's something I've been working very hard on changing. But anyway, I thought I'd gained, and with my extra snacking I was convinced I'd at the very least maintained. But whaddya know? I lost weight. I don't honestly know why I was surprised. I've been at school, where without realizing it, I've been much more active. Walking up stairs, walking from class to class, walking to school and home again (albeit a short walk to and from school)... And my friend, K, pointed out to me that in regards to me thinking that I am bigger, it's probably a lot to do with the fact that I've been comparing myself to every.single.girl that walks past me at school these past two weeks. Her logic is flawless.
It's amazing how different a situation, a sentence, an object or a thing can look when you view it from a different perspective. I haven't been putting anything into perspective in these last few weeks - I realize now that that's one of the reasons why I've been struggling so much. I'm looking at things in a negative way, when I could easily be turning my situations into positive things. I always assume the worst will happen.
"It can't last." = "I'm doing it now, and that's all that matters."
"What if I fall behind..." = "If I start falling behind, I've got all the help I need to catch up."
"I will never meet any new people or make any new friends..." = "It's only been two weeks, I've got so much time to make new friends!"
"I will never meet any new people or make any new friends..." = "It's only been two weeks, I've got so much time to make new friends!"
This is my challenge to myself. Instead of viewing everything negatively, I'm going to turn my perspective around, and look at things in a positive way, and if I can't manage that, then I'll take a neutral stance. I will not continue beating myself up over things that either haven't happened yet or have happened and are out of my control.
I lost weight, but that has shown me that those extra snacks haven't made me "magically" put on 10 pounds. Those extra snacks are snacks my body needs as fuel to run as smoothly as possible.
I lost weight, but that has shown me that those extra snacks haven't made me "magically" put on 10 pounds. Those extra snacks are snacks my body needs as fuel to run as smoothly as possible.
ED, I quit.
I apologise for the all-over-the-place post. I'm not sure where my head is at the moment, but as long as my head's in the general vicinity of my neck/shoulder region, I think I'm doing okay as far as staying together goes.
I love you all. Remember that. We are such amazing creations. Each of us is different, yet we are all similar. We are similiar in that we are all beautiful, in our own unique ways. Be who you are, and don't be afraid of that. Stop and think about the things you say to yourself, the things you say of or about yourself. If they're negative, why? Why can't it be something positive?
My challenge to you is to turn those negative thoughts around. If only one. Change your perspective on your thoughts, yourself, your situations.
I wish you could all see yourselves for the beautiful girls you are.
My challenge to you is to turn those negative thoughts around. If only one. Change your perspective on your thoughts, yourself, your situations.
I wish you could all see yourselves for the beautiful girls you are.
love, love, love.
12 comments:
I wish you could see yourself for the beautiful girl you are! You are getting there Eleanor! It makes me so so happy to see that you KNOW ways to turn your negative thoughts into positive ones. I'm proud of you, beautiful (: -Kylee
Thanks for the link, sounds interesting, I`ll check it out later:-)
All those extra snacks that you were craving were really necessary for you. Your activity has gone up a bit so obviously your body was crying out for something extra to fuel this and cope with it. I hope now you can relax a bit and enjoy these snacks without worrying so much.
I know gaining weight and all these appointments is difficult and stressful but remember its worth it in the end. You have so much ahead of you Eleanor, start looking towards other things and take your focus off the ed, theres more to life.
*hugs*
Laura
Like Kylee says...you need those extra snacks. You will need to eat quite alot to gain when you are active as well. When I was in treatment I had to eat three huge meals (+puddings) and three snacks per day to gain...on bedrest! You'd be surprised at how much your body actually needs to function, let alone gain weight.
You are absolutely not a brat or horrible in any way. Your ED has been the one who has gatecrashed your life, and it doesn't belong. Believe it or not, he is much easier to get rid of when you restore the weight you have lost and nourish your brain. This will give you the strength and brain power to fight the ED. I found that the more weight I gained, the more I was able to fight that screaming voice. Now it's just a whisper.
Have faith my lovely Eleanor, you need to trust that weight gain and proper nourishment WILL bring great things. You remind me of me a year ago, I want to show you that where I am now is a fabulous place and I want you to join me here.
Sarah x
ps what kind of childrens stories did you have in mind? I'm intrigued...
You're so strong, but you don't even realise it. And beautiful too. Please try to see yourself the way you truly are; gorgeous.
Love you to pieces :)
xx
Eleanor, you are crazy beautiful from every angle. I am so thankful to have your words in my life. I;m really sorry that things seem to be shaky with your mom right now... it's so hard when they can't fully understand.
I'm sorry to hear that you've lost weight - but I am really glad that it served as a wake up call to you. If anything, this weight loss was needed to help your change your perspective, view your situation from the outside and continue to push harder than you ever have before! You are so strong and amazing.. there isn't anything you can't do!
I honestly needed this post so much. I didn't really realize until now just how hard I am on myself sometimes. It's like you get so wrapped up in putting yourself down that you can't even notice it anymore... but that doesn't mean that it is no longer damaging. We need to free our minds in order to heal our bodies, and that means to leave behind the negative thoughts. We need to see the positive things in the mirror, and all around us rather than the negative ones.
I love you :)
Tat
Hun it breaks my heart that you're not able to see how beautiful you are when it's so clear, but I'm sure you'll get there one day.
The mind is a powerful thing; it creates our reality for us, which unfortunately, doesn't always match up to the real reality... you thought you gained when you actually lost, which is probably just another attempt by your mind to make you feel worse.
I think that focusing on positive things is a great idea; a difficult task, no doubt, but one of the most rewarding. It will be difficult at first; our first reaction is usually to beat ourselves up... but while it might take some honest and conscious effort at first, eventually being positive will come more naturally.
You're such a fighter, love. So strong. I know you'll find your way out of this place and start treating yourself the way you deserve.
<3
Hey, you are definitely not a selfish brat. You are a wonderful, smart person.
Good for you for being able to turn things around and focus on the positive things. It's a hard thing to do, but it does help once you get in the habit.
xoxo Jessie
hey girl, sorry i've bene mia.
you are an amazing girl, eleanor...i don't know anyone as smart and caring as you.
you have everything you need to get through this...the knowledge and the strength. it's all about finding how to put the two together now.
and you are not a selfish brat, ED is a selfish brat. i promise, we all had the same feelings. it makes you feel like you don't have to have the same responsibilities as everyone else. like we get some kind of reprieve. it sucks:(
love you eleanor, stay strong!
♥ lindsey
My lovely darling,
Isn't it amazing the things our mind can trick us into thinking? It's a real pain, really, having a brain. Le sigh, why can't we just live without them?
Sorry, back to the point, I'm glad you are choosing to be more positive. It will help in more ways than one.
Remember Eleanor,even through I am thousands of miles away, I'm there, right next to you, through it all!
I'll definitely be giving that ebook a looksy in the near future. But I don't think you need it, because you're pretty damn remarkable already. ;)
I'm so sorry about the difficulty you've been having with your parents and mom in particular recently. I can SO relate, and know how excruciatingly painful it can be. Her feelings are probably stemming from both intense fear and frustration. You aren't selfish OR a brat. You're sick with an illness, but luckily it's one which CAN be recovered from. And even though it's hard as hell, I know that you have the strength to do it. I take you up on that positivity challenge. ;)
Rachael*
Eleanor -
a. it's amazing that you managed to see reality. you are moving more and the fact that you feel "bigger" might be because you are comparing yourself to others. And also remember that your metabolism might have gone up considering those extra snacks.
b. ED is turning you selfish, not you. He is making you think of only yourself, looks, food..yada yada yada.
c. i will mostly definitely try to follow the positivity route and check out that link.
and thank you so much for tht wonderful comment you left! happy valentine's day to you too!!! don't let ED ruin it.
xoxo
love you!
you are so postive and inspiring! i have been so down lately and your post really made me think why. i think you're right about not having negative thoughts and if i cant make it positive just be neutral. im going to really work on that this week, thank you!
have an awesome weekend
amy<33
Post a Comment