Saturday, November 28, 2009

YOU.

I almost didn't post today. No particular reason to that, really, but I just don't feel like I have much to say.
What I do want to say, though, is that the comments I got on yesterday's post really, really made my day. Each and every one made me smile - the support from you girls is just overwhelming. I was all choked up! Yes, I know, I'm a cry-baby. Little Miss Sensitive.

The Dietitian appointment today was over and done in about 15 minutes - literally in and out! Which I am thankful for. I was really not looking forward to it, but it didn't end up being all that bad. Maybe that's because it went really quickly... Haha. I convinced her to not weigh me, either. Which, again, I am thankful for. I just knew, that no matter what the number on the scale read, I would be unhappy with it, and this week, I really don't want to be unhappy at all. This week is my last week ever of high school, and I want it to be a good one, as anxiety-free and stress-free as possible. Being weighed would've elivated that stress/anxiety/feelings-of-complete-failure to unbelievable hights. So, I'll just postpone that for next week!

I did something special today! And it really put a positive spin on my day. I got my nails done! Oh, yeah. I went all out, ha! And let me tell you, tapping away on a keyboard is so awkward at the moment, but so much more fun. Tip-tap-tip-tap. I feel so... pretty. I haven't felt worth anything in a long time, and though it's only little and quite trivial, this pamper session really put me in good spirits about myself; a bit of a confidence boost. A push in the right direction, I suppose.

So, while I am in a semi-positive frame of mind, I want to remind you girls of something.
You are all worth it. You are all beautiful, intelligent, incredible girls who deserve the best of everything in life. We all have our down days, our "fat" days, our "I-want-to-give-in-to-ED" days, but we also have good days, where we feel like there's something to live for, something to strive for. Take a hold of those good days. And when you are having a down day, make sure you do something for yourself, despite what ED says. Give yourself a reason to smile, or at least make you feel a little better, if only for a short while. Read your favourite book, treat yourself to a coffee, put on make up and do your hair... Something that makes you feel good. Because you deserve to feel good. Feeling good, in EDs book, is not allowed. But fuck ED! Seriously. Screw ED.
Listen to you. Do something for you.
Do what makes you happy.


You are worth it.


Love, love, love.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I love your happy mind set, its really touching and really motivational,
you're amazing!

I'm trying to let myself do what I want and not what ED wants me to do. That means walking somewhere a convenient way instead of the longest way possible to burn calories, I'm going to quit skimping and start taking my recovery far more seriously.
ED still has heaps of control and I'm going to fight that!
xxx
love you

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Glad your dietician appointment didn't ruin your day like they so often can!
And yay for getting your nails done :) every girl deserves to feel beautiful and treat herself, and somehow it just gives ED a bit of a kick in the teeth, non?

Keep smiling cutie!
Love you <3

Hannah xo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations girl! It's about time that you (and all of us) realize that we are worth it, and deserve to not only treat our bodies with respect and love, but to reward and pamper ourselves every so often ;)
This post was so uplifting and positive! I'm so glad your appointment went well, and I wish you all the best at school this week!
I think I might just do my nails...
:P
xoxo
Tat

Little Miss Sunshine said...

Awww ... can Miss Sunshine give Little Miss Sensitive a hug now?

You are such a sweet girl, you leave the most thoughful, kind comments on everyone's blog. You are amazing! So, don't forget the most important thing for you to know is that you are worth it! You deserve to treat yourself well every.single.day. You deserve to feel gorgeous - inside and out, because - YOU ARE!

Love you hun, enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!! :D

Emily said...

It's so refreshing to hear your positivity!

I totally agree with you - SCREW ED! And that, my friend, is exactly what you have done. Treating yourself to a simple manicure or pedicure is one step in trampling ED's opinion and voice. You are well on your way, though it is such a simple little thing - but those things will add up!

xoxo
keep up the wonderful progress :)

Delilah said...

I always love when my nutritionist appointments go quickly... I always get frozen yogurt afterward, so the sooner I am out of there, the better. 8D

Your words are so true... we are worth it. I know doing the smallest things - like, doing my hair or makeup - always make me feel better. ED can't come in and tell me I'm ugly, when I've taken measures to make myself look pretty.

Jessica said...

I love it when i don't get weighed, :) i used to beg to be weighed and now i really don't care its to much of a hassle, but it still needs to be done sometimes.

I am happy to hear you got your nails done, you deserve to be spoiled rotten.